A Datacenter Site Inspection should, at a minimum, cover the below areas:
- Assessment of Physical Security and Access Controls surrounding the DC premises, building and DC floor.
- Assessment, on a high level, of the Environmental Controls of the DC (HVAC, Electrical, Fire Suppression).
- Assessment of other Operational / IT controls.
- Sighting of the below documents:
- The TVRA (Threat & Vulnerability Risk Assessment) performed for the DC.
- Physical Security, Access Control, IT and Operational Controls – Policies and Standards.
Datacenter Security Assessment
Ask the DC in-charge to present their DC controls which typically includes:
- DC locations in the country and region
- DC Design Overview
- Proximity and Connectivity to Internet Exchanges
- Floor Plans
- Chiller and Cooling Provisions – HVAC
- Electrical Provisions
- Fire Suppression Controls
- Integrated System Testing
- Industry Certifications
- Physical Security and Access Control Strategy
- Perimeter Zoning
- Customer Responsibility Definitions